South Africa Tourist Visa
The online visa South Africa also called an eVisa, electronic visa, or South Africa Tourist Visa is a new method of applying for a visa to enter South Africa. The online visa application system will not only make the process of obtaining South Africa visa fast-paced, convenient, and simplified. Visitors from over 100 countries can apply for South Africa visit visa for tourism purposes.
Around 52 nationalities are categorized as visa-free and citizens from these countries are allowed to enter South Africa without a visa and stay for up to 90 days. Additionally, people from 28 other nationalities can enter without a visa and stay for up to 30 days. Visitors from countries not falling into the list of visa-free nations need to obtain a visit visa from any one of the South African diplomatic missions such as embassies or consulates. Online tourist visa South Africa will eliminate this need and many more travelers from around the globe will be able to visit the country at any time of the year.
Why Apply for South Africa Tourist Visa?
The new electronic visa system is far more convenient and flexible. Apart from offering a secure environment to get your eVisa application processed with the South African Department of Home Affairs, it guarantees quick turnaround time because it only requires visitors to provide digital copies of necessary documents. Hence, it is time-saving for both the applicant and the department too as it can process visa applications quickly.
It is also far more cost-effective. Previously, apart from physically visiting the embassy/consulate for submission of biometric data, applicants had to pay hefty visa fees and bear travel expenses to visit the embassy. Now, everything is done electronically after paying South Africa visa fees.
Nature of Visit:
There are several types of visas currently facilitated by the South African government including tourist visa, business visa, visit visa, medical visa, work visa, exchange visa, study visa, and retired person’s visa. At the moment, South Africa eVisa is granted for tourism-related visits however, the government plans to expand the visa eligibility criteria to all other types of visa that it generally facilitates. An integral aspect of South Africa visa requirements is to determine the nature of your visit and duration of your stay before filling out the application form.
South Africa Visa Application:
If your nationality is not listed in the visa-exempt countries, then you will need to apply for a South Africa tourist visa. Currently, visitors need to apply for South Africa visa personally as they are required to provide biometric data. However, this system will soon be revised as the electronic visa system will be implemented, which is currently being tested on visitors from Kenya. When approved, the eVisa South Africa will be attached electronically to the applicant’s passport.
When applying online, you will have to provide digital copies of your passport as well as a passport size photograph. To apply for South Africa visitors visa, your passport should be valid for at least six months after the date of the intended arrival in South Africa.
South Africa Visa Application Requirements:
The visa application requirements for visiting South Africa include:
- The applicant should be from an eligible country
- The applicant must hold a passport valid for a minimum of six months after arriving in South Africa
- The applicant’s passport must have at least one blank page
- A valid debit/credit card to pay South Africa visa fees
- A proof that you have sufficient funds to pay for your stay in the country
- Evidence of your return ticket or proof of a ticket to another onward destination
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate (this is required if the applicant is coming from or has passed through the yellow fever belt of South America or South Africa)
- If you are traveling with family, it is important to show the birth certificates of children under the age of 18. The certificate must contain details of the parents
- If one of the parents is traveling with a minor a parental consent affidavit will be required. It must be signed by the other parent.
Read more about South Africa documents requirement
Points to Remember:
- Once the visa is issued, the applicants must use the same passport for traveling to-and-from South Africa.
- In case you need to change your passport during South Africa visit visa validity period, you will need to apply all over again.
- Overstaying your visa South Africa isn’t permitted by the government. If you overstay, you might be banned from re-entering South Africa for a certain period, which may last for up to five years. The bans are generally recorded on the international immigration system; therefore, you will not be able to board a flight to South Africa until the ban is lifted.
- If you have a sound reason to overstay your visa, it is better to make an appeal before the visa expires to sort out the issue.
How we can Help you Obtain South Africa Tourist Visa?
It is important to note that South Africa visa requirements differ for visitors from different countries. The government treats every application as an individual case, and if an error is found it is possible that your application is rejected.
In this regard, we can help you out because our immigration experts have years of experience in this area and are well-informed about the newly implemented online visa process. Without having a thorough understanding of the correct way to fill the South Africa visa application form, it is possible to provide inaccurate data. Such as, you need to be careful while entering your full name as if it is spelled differently from the name on your passport your application may not be processed.
Therefore, you must talk to a credible travel agent before applying for eVisa South Africa. We are here to help you out. Simply contact us to discuss the nature of your visit and we will assist you throughout the application process.